Thursday, November 22, 2018

Animation, almost the final frontier

When our production started I knew our studio was going to be very busy. I also knew the city was going to be very busy. As a result when it came time for crewing up animators I knew it was going to be a challenge to secure senior type animators. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with junior types and in fact readily welcome them. But there was a fear that I would be "stuck" with an entire team of inexperienced animators. Animation, after all, is what this is all about.

Judy Leung, our studio manager, was tasked with crewing up Mr. King. It was a challenge to be sure.
Long story short...We hit the Jack Pot! Judy has managed to put together a great group of animators that to date have pretty much nailed the look which I was hoping for. All but one of the animators are new to our studio. All of them have fantastic attitudes. All seem very happy to be working on the show. And most importantly, we have a great balance of experience.

I like to think the series is animator friendly. It helps that I was an animator for many years and thus have structured the show to allow for achievable deadlines. I will post samples of some of this  beautiful work in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment