Friday, May 18, 2018

Welcome to the Kaleidoscope Woods

Welcome to the production blog for The Remarkable Mr. King.

A little over a year ago the book Mr. King Likes New Things, by author/illustrator Genevieve Cote, came into my life. I had been working in the development department at Nelvana at the time and was instantly attracted to the perceived aesthetic simplicity of the illustrations.

Reading through the book only further fulled my interest and within 24 hours I had a pitch package ready to present. Thankfully head of development, Athena Georgaklis also saw the potential for the series and gave the go ahead for a Development Promo.

My intention for the promo was to maintain the look, feel, and spirit of the three book series, staying as close as possible to the original illustrations. By utilizing Toon Boom's Harmony software, and a couple of great artists, we were able to do just that.

Though things have changed slightly over the course of development I, along with Andrew Sabiston,our Head Writer, have been able to maintain the look and feel as we happily proceed into production.




No comments:

Post a Comment