Monday, June 25, 2018

Last week speaks

Last week I heard the very first voice casting auditions for Mr. King and his friends. Obviously everyone will be quite anxious to hear Mr. King speak for the first time and will no doubt have an expectation for how he should sound. We sat with Kim Hurdon, the casting/voice director and gave her as much direction as possible. I was up front with her regarding the voice being the most cloudy for me in terms of what I think it should be. Kim managed to deliver us a wide assortment of character auditions and I was pleasantly surprised. Though we still don't have a Mr. King I think we do have a Tex, Rolo, and a strong candidate for the narrator. Some of these matched the direction I initially gave and others were unexpected but felt really good. I think starting with these few characters gives me a good anchor point on which to assess the other characters as they come in.
Should be hearing some more auditions today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get closer to a Mr. King.




No comments:

Post a Comment