Friday, August 17, 2018

Picking up steam and a voice!!!

So things are really picking up on Mr. King lately, which explains the lack of posts over the recent weeks. So much has been going on and it's all great! Some remarkable things to note...
We have our Mr. King voice!!!

Nissae Isen, a very experienced voice actor, has been cast for our lead role! The whole process and how it unfolded, was quite interesting.
When I was first approached by our casting director, Kim Hurdon, my original direction was to find an adult who had a raspy voice, not unlike Bobby from King of the Hill. A little lion who might be a little mischievous but also have the ability to quickly change from high aggressive energy to gentle empathy.  Kim provided a strong initial group of actors and actresses and I had some short listed for the part. None had the original vocal quality I was looking for but there were a couple I thought I could live with.
Thankfully Athena, our head of development and huge Mr. King fan, ever so gently, questioned the suggested casting choice. It forced me to acknowledge my own doubts and we cast the net again.
One individual who caught my attention was Nissae but I wasn't sure as her audition felt a little too high and a bit on the femine side for Mr. King. Kim brought her back in and with a little more direction, this pro was able to magically transform into Mr. King. Nissae has it all and I'm very happy we found her.


Not sure if Mr. King should have some curly hair or Nissae a crown and cat whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment